This is definitely a question I get from almost everyone who finds out that I am in the hair replacement industry. I have spent years researching hair loss and effective solutions that deal with the different causes of hair loss, as I suffer from hair loss my self. Contrary to popular belief, hair loss is not mostly found in men. Women experience hair loss as often as men do, however, due to cultural norms and societies emphasis of the beauty of women, the topic of female hair loss is not as openly spoken about.
So for those of you who are interested, here are my top 10 tips for growing longer stronger hair! I am not a doctor, but I do have extensive experience with hair loss and I am happy to share with you what I have learned.
1. Take BIOTIN. Biotin, otherwise known as Vitamin B7, will not thicken hair, but it will help your hair get longer faster. This is helpful for women whose hair thinning is primarily due to week hair follicles that only produce shorter finer hairs. This shows up as many thin broken hairs at the roots or an excessive amount of baby hairs. This type of hair never seems to grow past a certain length despite the density appearing to be normal at the roots. If this is the type of hair you have, try biotin. Maple Holistics manufactures high quality biotin that can be purchase directly online on Amazon.
2. Get your hormones checked. Hair loss can be a symptom of thyroid issues and estrogen dominance.
3. Minimize follicle damage. Did you know that repeated heat styling and heat on your scalp can damage the integrity of your hair follicles causing permanent damage? Yup! Keep the blow drier away from your scalp and don’t use excessively hot water in the shower. Warm water is best.
4. Make sure you’re not deficient in any vitamin’s, especially vitamin D. Vitamin D is a precursor to many of your bodies natural process. Deficiency in vitamin D has been linked to many health issues. This is why vitamin D is routinely checked at your yearly check up, and given to children living in colder climates from birth.
5. DON’T let harsh chemicals touch your scalp. Sounds obvious right? Well actually, there are many salon products you want to avoid if you want to spare your self follicle damage. You know how the entire world seems to be getting Brazilian Keratin treatments? Few stylists know what is actually inside the product they are applying to peoples heads, but suffice to say formaldehyde is NOT something you should ever come into contact with. Besides hair loss, formaldehyde is a KNOWN CARCINOGEN. Wondering what on earth it’s doing in your hair products? Let me know if you ever figure that one out…
So there you have it. These 5 tips will help you enhance what nature has given you. Continue researching and asking questions. Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you find anything new and interesting. I would love to hear your recommendations!